qjackctl wrong jack version (was: Re: How to use jack and qjackctl on GuixSD?)

DoneSubmitted by Mark Meyer.
Details
3 participants
  • Mark Meyer
  • Drew C
  • zimoun
Owner
unassigned
Severity
normal
M
M
Mark Meyer wrote on 12 Apr 2017 00:24
(name . Drew C)(address . me@drewc.ca)
87zifmzipj.fsf_-_@ofosos.org
Toggle quote (3 lines)
>>>>> "Drew" == Drew C <me@drewc.ca> writes:


Drew> Yes! I am running XFCE and/or also have Gnome installed.

Drew> I will try xmonad ... is there an easy way to add it to
Drew> config.scm so I can F1 to choose it, and if not, where/how to
Drew> I configure GuixSD's X to use it?

Drew> Otherwise, there is a pulseaudio jack sink that may work if I
Drew> can be told where to put it.

*grml* I think I messed up.

First note:


See the bottom of the page. It defines a `realtime' group and it's
permissions. You might need to create this group and add yourself to it
or you might simply use the `@audio' for the `audio' group, where you
might already be a member.

Second note: It still doesn't work, but it's too late to look into
this. :( Could take care of this tomorrow.

Crazy, I had this running.

Cheers, Mark
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 28 Sep 2020 21:05
Re: bug#26452: qjackctl wrong jack version
(name . Mark Meyer)(address . mark@ofosos.org)
87zh593enu.fsf@gmail.com
Dear,

What is the status of this bug [1] report 3 years ago?



On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 at 00:24, Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org> wrote:
Toggle quote (26 lines)
>>>>>> "Drew" == Drew C <me@drewc.ca> writes:
>
>
> Drew> Yes! I am running XFCE and/or also have Gnome installed.
>
> Drew> I will try xmonad ... is there an easy way to add it to
> Drew> config.scm so I can F1 to choose it, and if not, where/how to
> Drew> I configure GuixSD's X to use it?
>
> Drew> Otherwise, there is a pulseaudio jack sink that may work if I
> Drew> can be told where to put it.
>
> *grml* I think I messed up.
>
> First note:
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Base-Services.html#Base-Services
>
> See the bottom of the page. It defines a `realtime' group and it's
> permissions. You might need to create this group and add yourself to it
> or you might simply use the `@audio' for the `audio' group, where you
> might already be a member.
>
> Second note: It still doesn't work, but it's too late to look into
> this. :( Could take care of this tomorrow.

If it is still relevant, could you add more info and/or context?


All the best,
simon
M
M
Mark Meyer wrote on 28 Sep 2020 21:07
(name . zimoun)(address . zimon.toutoune@gmail.com)
c83f68bc-bfca-4014-8b4a-1a992550588c@www.fastmail.com
No longer relevant for me.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, at 21:05, zimoun wrote:
Toggle quote (41 lines)
> Dear,
>
> What is the status of this bug [1] report 3 years ago?
>
> [1] <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/26452>
>
>
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 at 00:24, Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org> wrote:
> >>>>>> "Drew" == Drew C <me@drewc.ca> writes:
> >
> >
> > Drew> Yes! I am running XFCE and/or also have Gnome installed.
> >
> > Drew> I will try xmonad ... is there an easy way to add it to
> > Drew> config.scm so I can F1 to choose it, and if not, where/how to
> > Drew> I configure GuixSD's X to use it?
> >
> > Drew> Otherwise, there is a pulseaudio jack sink that may work if I
> > Drew> can be told where to put it.
> >
> > *grml* I think I messed up.
> >
> > First note:
> >
> > https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Base-Services.html#Base-Services
> >
> > See the bottom of the page. It defines a `realtime' group and it's
> > permissions. You might need to create this group and add yourself to it
> > or you might simply use the `@audio' for the `audio' group, where you
> > might already be a member.
> >
> > Second note: It still doesn't work, but it's too late to look into
> > this. :( Could take care of this tomorrow.
>
> If it is still relevant, could you add more info and/or context?
>
>
> All the best,
> simon
>

--
Mark Meyer
mark@ofosos.org
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 28 Sep 2020 21:13
tag 26452 moreinfo
(address . control@debbugs.gnu.org)
87r1ql3eav.fsf@gmail.com
tag 26452 moreinfo
thanks
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 28 Sep 2020 21:16
Re: bug#26452: qjackctl wrong jack version
(name . Mark Meyer)(address . mark@ofosos.org)
CAJ3okZ0fjgZJhiypHMAaJ5CKwcyP1D1e5Zd-LLh4rQHje3X3Gg@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 at 21:08, Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org> wrote:
Toggle quote (10 lines)
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2020, at 21:05, zimoun wrote:

> > What is the status of this bug [1] reported 3 years ago?
> >
> > [1] <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/26452>

>
> No longer relevant for me.
>

Thank you. So closing.

All the best,
simon
Closed
D
D
Drew C wrote on 28 Sep 2020 22:04
(name . zimoun)(address . zimon.toutoune@gmail.com)
CAPySywan4rV8f=ZfXtMva1FvAVQLTCENhK91c-Ma9XNuDy3CZQ@mail.gmail.com
Long since moved to other systems and cannot comment relevantly. Nothing
from me beyond "please close if closed".

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:05 PM zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

Toggle quote (41 lines)
> Dear,
>
> What is the status of this bug [1] report 3 years ago?
>
> [1] <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/26452>
>
>
> On Wed, 12 Apr 2017 at 00:24, Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org> wrote:
> >>>>>> "Drew" == Drew C <me@drewc.ca> writes:
> >
> >
> > Drew> Yes! I am running XFCE and/or also have Gnome installed.
> >
> > Drew> I will try xmonad ... is there an easy way to add it to
> > Drew> config.scm so I can F1 to choose it, and if not, where/how to
> > Drew> I configure GuixSD's X to use it?
> >
> > Drew> Otherwise, there is a pulseaudio jack sink that may work if I
> > Drew> can be told where to put it.
> >
> > *grml* I think I messed up.
> >
> > First note:
> >
> >
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Base-Services.html#Base-Services
> >
> > See the bottom of the page. It defines a `realtime' group and it's
> > permissions. You might need to create this group and add yourself to it
> > or you might simply use the `@audio' for the `audio' group, where you
> > might already be a member.
> >
> > Second note: It still doesn't work, but it's too late to look into
> > this. :( Could take care of this tomorrow.
>
> If it is still relevant, could you add more info and/or context?
>
>
> All the best,
> simon
>
Attachment: file
?
Your comment

This issue is archived.

To comment on this conversation send email to 26452@debbugs.gnu.org