xfce: lid close does not suspend system

DoneSubmitted by ng0.
Details
3 participants
  • ng0
  • Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
  • zimoun
Owner
unassigned
Severity
normal
N
(address . bug-guix@gnu.org)
20170328175228.r2apokx6ofp76vch@abyayala
With xfce4 on GuixSD, closing a laptop's lid does not suspend the
system. It just locks the screen.
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 18 Dec 2020 21:03
(name . ng0)(address . contact.ng0@cryptolab.net)(address . 26283@debbugs.gnu.org)
86k0tevq4f.fsf@gmail.com
Hi,

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 17:52, ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> wrote:
Toggle quote (3 lines)
> With xfce4 on GuixSD, closing a laptop's lid does not suspend the
> system. It just locks the screen.

After this oneline comment, if someone using xfce4 could provide
moreinfo. Otherwise, I will close this bug after the usual 3 weeks
delay.


All the best,
simon
T
T
Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote on 18 Dec 2020 22:53
(name . zimoun)(address . zimon.toutoune@gmail.com)
87tusisrv1.fsf@nckx
zimoun 写道:
Toggle quote (11 lines)
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 17:52, ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net>
> wrote:
>> With xfce4 on GuixSD, closing a laptop's lid does not suspend
>> the
>> system. It just locks the screen.
>
> After this oneline comment, if someone using xfce4 could provide
> moreinfo. Otherwise, I will close this bug after the usual 3
> weeks
> delay.

Specifically, we'd need to know whether the laptop was on mains
(no suspension expected unless XFCE overrides defaults) or battery
power, and any relevant settings. Unlikely news from 2017.

But who knows:
might be this very bug from beyond the grave.

Kind regards,

T G-R
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iIMEARYKACsWIQT12iAyS4c9C3o4dnINsP+IT1VteQUCX90k8g0cbWVAdG9iaWFz
LmdyAAoJEA2w/4hPVW15eugA/2DgYj//sHy4Q08cjFxi2Q48GgLOCJNdSbUKIppo
oebvAP41iYWZaHfH2rK+g5BFB2wRqUNgC9mNPyxP1hfPEegaCg==
=LBQC
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 19 Dec 2020 00:09
control message for bug #26283
(address . control@debbugs.gnu.org)
86k0teu2xx.fsf@gmail.com
tags 26283 + moreinfo
quit
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 11 Jan 2021 13:55
Re: bug#26283: xfce: lid close does not suspend system
(name . Tobias Geerinckx-Rice)(address . me@tobias.gr)
86ft37tyxx.fsf@gmail.com
Hi Tobias,

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 22:53, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> wrote:
Toggle quote (13 lines)
> zimoun 写道:
>> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 17:52, ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> wrote:
>>> With xfce4 on GuixSD, closing a laptop's lid does not suspend the
>>> system. It just locks the screen.
>>
>> After this oneline comment, if someone using xfce4 could provide
>> moreinfo. Otherwise, I will close this bug after the usual 3 weeks
>> delay.
>
> Specifically, we'd need to know whether the laptop was on mains (no suspension
> expected unless XFCE overrides defaults) or battery power, and any relevant
> settings. Unlikely news from 2017.

Because this bug needs moreinfo and the submitter clearly stated that
they will not do [1], then I am proposing to close…

Toggle quote (4 lines)
> But who knows:
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-12/msg00147.html>
> might be this very bug from beyond the grave.

…or track the bug here. :-) If it is the same bug, the title of this
report should be changed; maybe it is not XFCE only related.


All the best,
simon


Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 24 Mar 2021 23:03
(name . Tobias Geerinckx-Rice)(address . me@tobias.gr)
86y2ec9pll.fsf@gmail.com
Hi,


On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 13:55, zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:
Toggle quote (27 lines)
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 22:53, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> wrote:
>> zimoun 写道:
>>> On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 at 17:52, ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net> wrote:
>>>> With xfce4 on GuixSD, closing a laptop's lid does not suspend the
>>>> system. It just locks the screen.
>>>
>>> After this oneline comment, if someone using xfce4 could provide
>>> moreinfo. Otherwise, I will close this bug after the usual 3 weeks
>>> delay.
>>
>> Specifically, we'd need to know whether the laptop was on mains (no suspension
>> expected unless XFCE overrides defaults) or battery power, and any relevant
>> settings. Unlikely news from 2017.
>
> Because this bug needs moreinfo and the submitter clearly stated that
> they will not do [1], then I am proposing to close…
>
>> But who knows:
>> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2020-12/msg00147.html>
>> might be this very bug from beyond the grave.
>
> …or track the bug here. :-) If it is the same bug, the title of this
> report should be changed; maybe it is not XFCE only related.
>
> 1: <http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-12-01.log#235356>


After waiting for 10 weeks for moreinfo for a bug from 2017, I am
closing.

All the best,
simon
Closed
?
Your comment

This issue is archived.

To comment on this conversation send email to 26283@debbugs.gnu.org