Hi all! I use Guix on Debian bullseye¹. My Emacs is a Guix-installed
emacs-next with a package transformation option to use the latest commit
from the master branch. It works fine except that it wrongly evaluates
the following function call:
(current-time-zone nil "America/Sao_Paulo")
It returns `(0 "America")'. And I have verified that the same bug also
occurs on plain Emacs 27.2 (also from Guix).
Last time I tested in a manually compiled Emacs 27.1.50, I got the
correct result: `(-10800 "-03")'. Also I have just tested on someone
else’s notebook---Emacs 26.3 from Ubuntu---and it too returned the
correct result. I have not tested other timezones.
Thank you for your work in GNU!
¹ I intend to migrate to PureOS for better free software ethics.
- https://stallmansupport.org "In Support of Richard Stallman"
- If an email of mine arrives at your spam box, please notify me.
- Please adopt free/libre formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.
- Free/libre software for Replicant, LineageOS and Android: https://f-droid.org
- [[https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html][Whatis free software?]]