The current commands used to make sure everything updated are not
friendly to type nor to memorize, Current commands:(i dunno if i missed
sudo guix reconfigure /etc/config.scm
There is no relation can be drawn from using these commands:
- pull: Is actually the opposite of push which is a git command and it
make sense in git atmosphere/usage.
- upgrade: This is the only good one as this is very common term used
within distros or actually most of the operating systems generally.
- reconfigure /etc/config.scm: hmm...
There are many ways we can improve this by using different better terms
which can be easily memorized and even linked e.g: (These are just
examples, If there are any better terms you can come with sure why not)
- pull -> update or refresh
- upgrade -> can be kept or package-upgrade
- reconfigure /etc/config.scm -> dist-upgrade or distro-upgrade or
OR There is another approach some distros taking which is using
shortcuts to only letters e.g
pull -> p or -p
upgrade -> u or -u
reconfigure -> re or -re
as a one world for memory "pure" (any other letters can be used as well)