php 7.4.14 fails tests on aarch64

OpenSubmitted by Vagrant Cascadian.
Details
2 participants
  • Julien Lepiller
  • Vagrant Cascadian
Owner
unassigned
Severity
normal
V
V
Vagrant Cascadian wrote on 17 Jan 2021 21:56
(address . bug-guix@gnu.org)
87pn23nuyl.fsf@yucca
php 7.4.14 fails to build on aarch64 due to test suite failures.

Reverting back to php 7.4.13 by reverting commit
d033540e6c113323089403a26e39f9a288c9c857 works fine for me, though
obviously it would be better to track down the exact test suite failure
and figure out a proper fix.

This blocks numerous other packages from building, such as libsoup,
which blocks building of network-manager.


live well,
vagrant
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEARYKAB0WIQRlgHNhO/zFx+LkXUXcUY/If5cWqgUCYASkgwAKCRDcUY/If5cW
qmVlAP48apz9ojfugk/S/pjCrRR8VHvRgQPqlutQAX4AnmfsugD+Jv6Ih7BvDICI
OUM764sUi0C1BVtzhSJYMqiRctzY3AY=
=rhYf
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

J
J
Julien Lepiller wrote on 18 Jan 2021 13:14
1D88A62C-89D0-4846-B1EC-CB3564399E00@lepiller.eu
What does the log say? It should list test failures at the end.

Le 17 janvier 2021 15:56:34 GMT-05:00, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> a écrit :
Toggle quote (13 lines)
>php 7.4.14 fails to build on aarch64 due to test suite failures.
>
>Reverting back to php 7.4.13 by reverting commit
>d033540e6c113323089403a26e39f9a288c9c857 works fine for me, though
>obviously it would be better to track down the exact test suite failure
>and figure out a proper fix.
>
>This blocks numerous other packages from building, such as libsoup,
>which blocks building of network-manager.
>
>
>live well,
> vagrant
Attachment: file
V
V
Vagrant Cascadian wrote on 18 Jan 2021 18:56
87mtx6nn6x.fsf@yucca
On 2021-01-18, Julien Lepiller wrote:
Toggle quote (2 lines)
> What does the log say? It should list test failures at the end.

I don't have the system handy at the moment, but there is a recent build
log failure from staging:


It appears to have logged 6 failures, though I haven't managed to find
which tests failed in the build output at a cursory glance...

Will try to get a failed build log locally when I get a chance to more
easily debug and review...


live well,
vagrant

Toggle quote (14 lines)
> Le 17 janvier 2021 15:56:34 GMT-05:00, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> a écrit :
>>php 7.4.14 fails to build on aarch64 due to test suite failures.
>>
>>Reverting back to php 7.4.13 by reverting commit
>>d033540e6c113323089403a26e39f9a288c9c857 works fine for me, though
>>obviously it would be better to track down the exact test suite failure
>>and figure out a proper fix.
>>
>>This blocks numerous other packages from building, such as libsoup,
>>which blocks building of network-manager.
>>
>>
>>live well,
>> vagrant
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEARYKAB0WIQRlgHNhO/zFx+LkXUXcUY/If5cWqgUCYAXL1gAKCRDcUY/If5cW
qna8AP4naESMLEXDemTybDoM+u8GacEh2Bvr2QmrxVVTpSBe/AD/eZoL5W5LT2Eo
8nbFtNLafcIJUaBU/wK+FnhCz2A+egw=
=uNlO
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

V
V
Vagrant Cascadian wrote on 23 Jan 2021 01:14
87ft2s5x1w.fsf@yucca
On 2021-01-18, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
Toggle quote (14 lines)
> On 2021-01-18, Julien Lepiller wrote:
>> What does the log say? It should list test failures at the end.
>
> I don't have the system handy at the moment, but there is a recent build
> log failure from staging:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/187255/log/raw
>
> It appears to have logged 6 failures, though I haven't managed to find
> which tests failed in the build output at a cursory glance...
>
> Will try to get a failed build log locally when I get a chance to more
> easily debug and review...

=====================================================================
FAILED TEST SUMMARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bug #76705: unusable ssl => peer_fingerprint in stream_context_create()
[ext/openssl/tests/bug76705.phpt]
int openssl_x509_checkpurpose ( mixed $x509cert , int $purpose [, array
$cainfo = array() [, string $untrustedfile ]] \
) function [ext/openssl/tests/openssl_x509_checkpurpose_basic.phpt]
sni_server [ext/openssl/tests/sni_server.phpt]
sni_server with separate pk and cert
[ext/openssl/tests/sni_server_key_cert.phpt]
Bug #72071 setcookie allows max-age to be negative
[ext/standard/tests/network/bug72071.phpt]
opendir() with 'ftps://'
stream. [ext/standard/tests/streams/opendir-003.phpt]
opendir() with 'ftps://'
stream. [ext/standard/tests/streams/opendir-004.phpt]
=====================================================================


Full log attached.


live well,
vagrant
Toggle quote (10 lines)
>> Le 17 janvier 2021 15:56:34 GMT-05:00, Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org> a écrit :
>>>php 7.4.14 fails to build on aarch64 due to test suite failures.
>>>
>>>Reverting back to php 7.4.13 by reverting commit
>>>d033540e6c113323089403a26e39f9a288c9c857 works fine for me, though
>>>obviously it would be better to track down the exact test suite failure
>>>and figure out a proper fix.
>>>
>>>This blocks numerous other packages from building, such as libsoup,
>>>which blocks building of network-manager.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEARYKAB0WIQRlgHNhO/zFx+LkXUXcUY/If5cWqgUCYAtqbAAKCRDcUY/If5cW
qlMBAP9afYXnarOIL568RjXsk9QyzZDYSh8PSUs1IdQSAK0ehAD/VPAvyB9+re5/
u3avb8xoOC+tyzCiU47o9DNarhb7MwY=
=EW+M
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

?