Guix: many tests fail when building on 0.15

DoneSubmitted by swedebugia.
Details
3 participants
  • Andreas Enge
  • Ludovic Courtès
  • swedebugia
Owner
unassigned
Severity
normal
S
S
swedebugia wrote on 8 Nov 2018 11:07
(address . bug-guix@gnu.org)
75956247-307c-1594-4589-f5685619a4eb@riseup.net
Hi

I want to contribute to guix with patches and at the same time keep my
GuixSD on 0.15.

To archive this I created and followed the following guide in GuixSD in
Qemu:


Following it Guix 21335fdbec68b4cfb19d8a0ae0877ec81c84ad9c builds fine.

BUT

running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:

make  check-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
Making check in po/guix
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/guix'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/guix'
Making check in po/packages
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/packages'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/packages'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
Compiling Scheme modules...
make  check-TESTS check-local
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
PASS: tests/base16.scm
SKIP: tests/base32.scm
PASS: tests/base64.scm
SKIP: tests/cpio.scm
PASS: tests/pki.scm
PASS: tests/print.scm
PASS: tests/sets.scm
PASS: tests/modules.scm
PASS: tests/gnu-maintenance.scm
PASS: tests/substitute.scm
FAIL: tests/builders.scm
FAIL: tests/derivations.scm
PASS: tests/glob.scm
FAIL: tests/grafts.scm
FAIL: tests/ui.scm
PASS: tests/status.scm
PASS: tests/records.scm
FAIL: tests/processes.scm
PASS: tests/upstream.scm
PASS: tests/combinators.scm
PASS: tests/discovery.scm
PASS: tests/utils.scm
PASS: tests/build-utils.scm
FAIL: tests/packages.scm
SKIP: tests/snix.scm
FAIL: tests/hackage.scm
FAIL: tests/cran.scm
FAIL: tests/elpa.scm
FAIL: tests/texlive.scm
FAIL: tests/store.scm
FAIL: tests/monads.scm
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'

--
Cheers
Swedebugia
S
S
swedebugia wrote on 8 Nov 2018 11:41
(address . 33312@debbugs.gnu.org)
60709f3d-afd4-f7bd-acd2-45acf8ed61e4@riseup.net
On 2018-11-08 11:07, swedebugia wrote:
Toggle quote (65 lines)
> Hi
>
> I want to contribute to guix with patches and at the same time keep my
> GuixSD on 0.15.
>
> To archive this I created and followed the following guide in GuixSD
> in Qemu:
>
> https://gitlab.com/swedebugia/guix-notes/blob/master/BUILD.org
>
> Following it Guix 21335fdbec68b4cfb19d8a0ae0877ec81c84ad9c builds fine.
>
> BUT
>
> running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:
>
> make  check-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> Making check in po/guix
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/guix'
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/guix'
> Making check in po/packages
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/packages'
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree/po/packages'
> make[2]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> Compiling Scheme modules...
> make  check-TESTS check-local
> make[3]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> make[4]: Entering directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> PASS: tests/base16.scm
> SKIP: tests/base32.scm
> PASS: tests/base64.scm
> SKIP: tests/cpio.scm
> PASS: tests/pki.scm
> PASS: tests/print.scm
> PASS: tests/sets.scm
> PASS: tests/modules.scm
> PASS: tests/gnu-maintenance.scm
> PASS: tests/substitute.scm
> FAIL: tests/builders.scm
> FAIL: tests/derivations.scm
> PASS: tests/glob.scm
> FAIL: tests/grafts.scm
> FAIL: tests/ui.scm
> PASS: tests/status.scm
> PASS: tests/records.scm
> FAIL: tests/processes.scm
> PASS: tests/upstream.scm
> PASS: tests/combinators.scm
> PASS: tests/discovery.scm
> PASS: tests/utils.scm
> PASS: tests/build-utils.scm
> FAIL: tests/packages.scm
> SKIP: tests/snix.scm
> FAIL: tests/hackage.scm
> FAIL: tests/cran.scm
> FAIL: tests/elpa.scm
> FAIL: tests/texlive.scm
> FAIL: tests/store.scm
> FAIL: tests/monads.scm
> make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/sdb/guix-tree'
>
Dependencies:

$ guile --version |head -1 && guix --version|head -1 && gcc
--version|head -1 && echo -n "libgcrypt " && libgcrypt-config --version
&& make --version|head -1
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.4
guix (GNU Guix) 1f44934fb6e2cefccbecd4fa347025349fa9ff76
gcc (GCC) 8.1.0
libgcrypt 1.8.2
GNU Make 4.2.1

--
Cheers
Swedebugia
L
L
Ludovic Courtès wrote on 11 Nov 2018 17:03
(name . swedebugia)(address . swedebugia@riseup.net)(address . 33312@debbugs.gnu.org)
87ftw7sitl.fsf@gnu.org
Hello,

swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:

Toggle quote (2 lines)
> running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:

Could you send ‘test-suite.log’ as noted in

TIA,
Ludo’.
S
S
swedebugia wrote on 11 Nov 2018 21:00
(name . Ludovic Courtès)(address . ludo@gnu.org)(address . 33312@debbugs.gnu.org)
d5559178-49f8-9e2d-b993-cb42ffe76721@riseup.net
On 2018-11-11 17:03, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Toggle quote (12 lines)
> Hello,
>
> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:
>
>> running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:
>
> Could you send ‘test-suite.log’ as noted in
> <https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html>?
>
> TIA,
> Ludo’.
>
It is not found. Not generated.
Dunno why.
I run "make check" and it only gave me what I already sent.

--
Cheers
Swedebugia
L
L
Ludovic Courtès wrote on 12 Nov 2018 09:43
(name . swedebugia)(address . swedebugia@riseup.net)(address . 33312@debbugs.gnu.org)
87k1liofcr.fsf@gnu.org
swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:

Toggle quote (17 lines)
> On 2018-11-11 17:03, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:
>>
>>> running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:
>>
>> Could you send ‘test-suite.log’ as noted in
>> <https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html>?
>>
>> TIA,
>> Ludo’.
>>
> It is not found. Not generated.
> Dunno why.
> I run "make check" and it only gave me what I already sent.

Weird. Is ‘test-suite.log’ generated if you let “make check” run to
completion?

Thank you,
Ludo’.
L
L
Ludovic Courtès wrote on 14 Nov 2018 11:15
(name . swedebugia)(address . swedebugia@riseup.net)(address . 33312@debbugs.gnu.org)
87wopgj77y.fsf@gnu.org
Ping! :-)

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

Toggle quote (24 lines)
> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:
>
>> On 2018-11-11 17:03, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> swedebugia <swedebugia@riseup.net> skribis:
>>>
>>>> running make check I got a lot of failed tests and no testlog:
>>>
>>> Could you send ‘test-suite.log’ as noted in
>>> <https://gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Running-the-Test-Suite.html>?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> Ludo’.
>>>
>> It is not found. Not generated.
>> Dunno why.
>> I run "make check" and it only gave me what I already sent.
>
> Weird. Is ‘test-suite.log’ generated if you let “make check” run to
> completion?
>
> Thank you,
> Ludo’.
L
L
Ludovic Courtès wrote on 14 Nov 2018 11:15
control message for bug #33312
(address . control@debbugs.gnu.org)
87va50j77s.fsf@gnu.org
tags 33312 moreinfo
A
A
Andreas Enge wrote on 5 Sep 2020 22:38
Closing
(address . 33312-done@debbugs.gnu.org)
20200905203844.GB24538@jurong
This version is so old that the bug report does not seem relevant any more.
Please open a new bug when "make check" fails.

Andreas
Closed
?
Your comment

This issue is archived.

To comment on this conversation send email to 33312@debbugs.gnu.org