Subject: Re: [bug#69495] [PATCH 0/2] gnu: cairo: Update to 1.18.0.

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:55:48 +0000

Hi Efraim,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 10:47 AM, Efraim Flashner wrote:

>
> Currently x86_64, aarch64 and riscv64 are the only architectures using
> the newer librsvg. Can you test the older librsvg-2.40 with the newer
> cairo on x86_64 to see if the tests also fail there? I'm curious if it's
> a 32-bit problem or if its just that old.
>

Yes, those tests fail on both x86_64 and i686. I should have specified
that I probably ran into the issue building something for i686, but
then confirmed the tests fail and the patch skipping them works on
x86_64 and i686. But this was due to building something else so I just
double checked explicitly.

> Overall I have no issues with skipping those two tests.
>

Thanks! I'll keep this locally while I wait to see how to do the
vulkan upgrades.

Though maybe I should get the build farm moving on the rebuild from
cairo at least. The vulkan upgrade will also rebuild mesa dependents
as vulkan was needed for a fix in mesa (cherry picked from
core-updates).

John