Subject: Re: [bug#52472] [PATCH] gnu: Add libtree

From: "Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 08:50:26 +0300

Hello Maxime,

sorry but libtree refuses to build when I use your patch instead of mine:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ ./pre-inst-env guix build libtree --check --no-offload
;;; note: source file /home/avp/src/dist/guix/gnu/packages/linux.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/avp/src/dist/guix/gnu/packages/linux.go
The following derivation will be built:
   /gnu/store/2ndjq2b7z1wqwx6mv91ygkslaziz1sw6-libtree-3.0.2.drv
guix build: error: some outputs of `/gnu/store/2ndjq2b7z1wqwx6mv91ygkslaziz1sw6-libtree-3.0.2.drv' are not valid, so checking is not possible
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> The patch seems to be ready now, I believe?

Are you asking me or the Guix community?  If you're asking me, I think
that since libtree builds and runs OK with my last patch it is ready for
the merge.

But I'd love to hear feedback from the community as well; if someone
find another flaw in the patch I'll try to fix it.

Thanks,

- Artyom

-- 
Artyom "avp" Poptsov <[email-masked]>
Home page: https://memory-heap.org/~avp/
CADR Hackerspace co-founder: https://cadrspace.ru/
GPG: D0C2 EAC1 3310 822D 98DE  B57C E9C5 A2D9 0898 A02F