potential dependency bug in packages

DoneSubmitted by support.
Details
4 participants
  • Adonay Felipe Nogueira
  • Chris Marusich
  • support
  • zimoun
Owner
unassigned
Severity
normal
S
S
support wrote on 17 Nov 2017 05:02
(address . bug-guix@gnu.org)
CAOHcZqPOYWVfLaSzeD350MZbPCC4j1Tt6ueGZVc0z_Tb0Wwzdw@mail.gmail.com
Hi, I've recently installed GuixSD minimal desktop and I'm noticing some
apps seem to be missing icons, for example, when I go to start asileriot
(sol) I get these messages:

sol
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will
not be saved or shared with other applications.

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for
stock:

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-redo' for
stock:

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for
stock:

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for
stock:

(sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita


Also I'm noticing missing icons in icecat

This page:


is making me think that what's missing is gnome-icon-theme
Attachment: file
C
C
Chris Marusich wrote on 22 Nov 2017 10:18
(name . support)(address . support@vigilancetech.com)(address . 29333@debbugs.gnu.org)
87y3myfz8r.fsf@gmail.com
Hi,

support <support@vigilancetech.com> writes:

Toggle quote (3 lines)
> Hi, I've recently installed GuixSD minimal desktop and I'm noticing some
> apps seem to be missing icons

Can you attach a minimal operating system configuration file which
demonstrates the problem? It will be helpful for troubleshooting if we
can reproduce the problem in a VM by invoking a command such as:

guix system vm your-minimal-os.scm

This command prints the name of a script that you can invoke to launch a
VM which uses the specified config and shares the store with the host
(see "Invoking guix system" in the manual for detailed usage).

--
Chris
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=FkEX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

A
A
Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote on 7 Jan 2018 18:10
(address . bug-guix@gnu.org)
87wp0twq6o.fsf@hyperbola.info
I don't use GuixSD, but at least with GNU Guix in foreign distros you
have to install the appropriate icon themes from GNU Guix and add a path
to the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable. however, I think
GuixSD has an automated way of dealing with this, perhaps put the themes
in the system configuration?

If you do want to know the way to work around the issue when using only
GNU Guix (not GuixSD), see [1]. Notice that from the title of the soame
thread referenced in [1], you can see that simply telling the system to
replace XDG_DATA_DIRS with itself (taken from the variable expansion at
runtime) and adding stuff to it, has some side-effects in foreign
distros, this is why [1] proposes an alternative method in foreign
distros.


2017-11-16T20:02:58-0800 support wrote:
Toggle quote (62 lines)
> Hi, I've recently installed GuixSD minimal desktop and I'm noticing some apps
> seem to be missing icons, for example, when I go to start asileriot (sol) I
> get these messages:
>
> sol
> GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will
> not be saved or shared with other applications.
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
> stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
> stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for stock:
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-redo' for stock:
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
> for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
> for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
> stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for stock:
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
> for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'dialog-information'
> for stock: Icon 'dialog-information' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
> stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
> stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
> stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'view-refresh' for
> stock: Icon 'view-refresh' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'edit-undo' for stock:
>
> (sol:12539): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'document-new' for
> stock: Icon 'document-new' not present in theme Adwaita
>
> Also I'm noticing missing icons in icecat
>
> This page:
>
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=167690
>
> is making me think that what's missing is gnome-icon-theme
>
>

--
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre. Por favor, veja formas de se comunicar
instantaneamente comigo no endereço abaixo.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos (apenas sem DRM): Corel Draw, Microsoft
Office, MP3, MP4, WMA, WMV.
- Arquivos comuns aceitos e enviados: CSV, GNU Dia, GNU Emacs Org, GNU
GIMP, Inkscape SVG, JPG, LibreOffice (padrão ODF), OGG, OPUS, PDF
(apenas sem DRM), PNG, TXT, WEBM.
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 5 Oct 2020 23:25
tags 29333 moreinfo
(address . control@debbugs.gnu.org)
86lfgkbc18.fsf@gmail.com
tags 29333 moreinfo
thanks
Z
Z
zimoun wrote on 20 Oct 2020 09:38
Re: bug#29333: potential dependency bug in packages
(name . support)(address . support@vigilancetech.com)(address . 29333-done@debbugs.gnu.org)
8636299wjl.fsf@gmail.com
Dear,

Thank you for the bug report.

Since we are not able to reproduce because of lack of information –no
minimal operating system configuration file which demonstrates the
problem– and it is now more than 2 years old, I am closing.

Feel free to reopen it if it is still an issue for you.


All the best,
simon

--
Closed
?
Your comment

This issue is archived.

To comment on this conversation send email to 29333@debbugs.gnu.org